All types of out in cricket match are given here step by step with explanation. Cricket out rules and regulations becomes important when you are playing cricket.
There are total 42 rules in cricket and out of them some some rules distinguish about getting out in cricket. Today we are going to highlight those rules.
Rule 32 to 39
Rule 32 to 39 explains about the dismissal types of a batsman. According to 42 rules in cricket 27-29 explains about the procedure for dismissal. Under these rules it has been told that which batsman can be dismissed and how. After reading this post you will be able to understand the latest out rules in cricket.
MCC copyright of cricket rules
MCC (Melbourne Cricket Ground) was responsible to create cricket rules In the year 1988 MCC has taken the responsibility of cricket rules on their shoulders. Now any changes made in cricket rule has been done by ICC however, still MCC has the copyright of cricket rules.
all types of out in cricket given
Total types of out in cricket – There are different types of out in cricket. Mainly 12 types of out in cricket are considered and all types of out in cricket are given below lets understand them one by one:
- Clean bold – A ball is bowled by a bowler dodges the batsman and goes straight to the wicket and hits the wicket is called clean bold out. The ball hits the wicket after touching any part of batsman such as pad, gloves, helmet, thigh, shoes etc is still considered bold out.
- Stumping out – When a ball is delivered by a bowler and batsman misses it while playing and reaches out of the popping crease at that time wicketkeeper collects the ball and removes the bells of the wicket is known as stump out.
- Hit wicket – While hitting the ball batsman hits his own wicket by his bat, pad, foot or any other body part is considered as hit wicket. Batsman may also fall on the wicket while playing or leaving the shot that is also called hit wicket out.
- Handling the ball – A batsman touches the ball without the permission of opposite team he is given out by the umpires. When batsman plays a shot and not able to connect it correctly somehow the ball follows the stump at that time when batsman tries to stop the ball by using his hands he will be called out for handling the ball.
- Double hit out – When a batsman hits a ball twice for any reason he is given out.
- Time out – This rule specifies the reaching time of batsman to the batting crease. When a bastman is not able to reach within 3 minutes in t20 cricket and within 2 minutes in one day cricket he is considered out.
- Catch out – When ball hits the bat, gloves or hand near gloves area and caught by bowler or fielder before the ball touches the ground is called catch out.
- Run out – After playing shot batsman tries to take a run but at the same time fielding team tries to get him out by throwing the ball towards the stumps where batsman is not able to reach in the popping crease at correct time.
- Obstructing the field – When a batsman intentionally obstructs the field he can be declared out as per rule 37 of cricket.
- Retired out – When a batsman leaves the ground against the permission umpire and opposition team he is declared out.
- LBW out – Fostered means a ball going straight to the wicket before meeting the bat first touches any part of batsman’s body, helmet, pad, etc is called lbw.
- Makding out – When a bowler is bowling and runner leaves his crease before the ball drivers at that time bowler removes the bells and runner who founds out side the popping crease is declared out.
what is lbw
Full form of lbw is leg before wicket meaning a ball touches or hits the leg that comes in front of wicket before touching the bat of the batsman. The important thing is that here L in LBW is not only representing the leg but also representing any other body part including head which comes in the line of stumps before bat. We all know Glenn McGrath is a legend bowler and he has dismissed master blaster Sachin Tendulkar several times. In one match where the bounce in pitch was uneven Glenn delivered a shot pitch bowl to Sachin and sachin tried to duck the ball by sitting on his knees but it hardly took any bounce and the ball hits sachin’s shoulder and helmet and umpire has given him lbw out.
How many types of out in cricket?
There are total 12 types of out in cricket.
What are the 11 ways to get out in cricket?
1. Clean bold.
4. Hit wicket.
5. Handling the ball.
6. Double hit out.
7. Time out.
8. Run out.
9. Obstructing the field.
10. Retired out.
11. Catch out.
Why bowler’s say howzat in cricket while appealing?
How’s that” is an actual word and the word howzat is an abbreviated form of how’s that. While shouting howzat is considered a way of asking an umpire whether the batsman is out or not.
What is golden duck in cricket?
When a batsman is dismissed on (zero) “0 score” at the first ball of his innings.
What is 3 ducks in a row called in cricket?
When a batsman fails to score any run in 3 consecutive matches he is said to be “on an Audi”.