After watching this story you will definitely learn or enhance your yorker ball skills. But before Lets understand
Yorker ball is a full length delivery released by a bowler towards the batsman.
WHAT IS A YORKER BALL
Yorker ball do not bounce into the pitch instead it falls nearby the shoes of the batsman.
A perfect yorker ball pitches directly between the both toes and bat of the batsman.
Yorker ball is one of the most difficult ball to play and it is the most difficult ball to hit in the last overs.
– First select a suitable place to practice yorker ball. – There should be 2 poles parallel to each other.
– You can choose a place where there are two trees standing parallel to each other. – Or you can arrange 2 bamboos and dig them parallel to each other.
– Arrange a rope or thick thread. – Now mark the correct angle of release point and tie the rope on the polls. – Grip the ball correctly by putting two fingers over the ball in v shape, close little and ring finger and put your thumb below the ball as a support. –
– Remember, your palm should not touch the ball. – Don't run you have to do this practice by standing on a same place. – Now rotate your hand and release the ball when your palm touches the rope.
– Don't think about pace just focus on releasing the ball at correct time meaning once your wrist or palm touches the rope release the ball immediately.
– This practice is to get mastery over the release point. – In the beginning you may throw wide or full toss ball don't panic just concentrate on releasing the ball all at correct time.
– It is important to tie the rope at correct height to learn the yorker ball technique correctly.